Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vending Machine Massacre

Sammy is hungry. His stomach is growling. He looks in his pocket and he has fifty cents. He continues to work, his stomach continues to growl, churn, and pinch in hunger. Finally, break time comes. Sammy goes to the bathroom and washes his hands. He goes to the vending machine, looks in his pockets and gets his fifty cents, puts his money in the machine, and makes his selection. The wire in the machine turns, but his peanuts do not fall out the machine. Sammy checks his pockets to see if he has anymore money...he's flat broke. Sammy begins to shake the machine gently to dislodge the wire from the peanut bag. He shakes it a little and the bag looks like it is almost going to fall, but it hangs back on the wire. Sammy shakes the machine a little more and again the peanut bag looks like it is going to fall, but doesn't. Sammy shakes the machine again, and again, and again, with every shake his temper seems to rise higher and higher. Sammy shakes the machine so much that candy, chips, and cookies fall out of the wires, but them peanuts are still lodged in. Sammy gets so angry that he begins to kick and cuss the machine slap out...stating that the machine has ripped him off of his last few pennies. Sammy then goes to the office and writes a note, "Jackass, your broke @ss machine ripped me off...I want my money back."

Sammy was mad about fifty cents. He had robbed the machine of other goods, but the fact that the peanuts didn't fall out has him out of this world filled with anger. Sammy places the note on the machine and he begins to kick it and cuss the machine out some more. His break is over, he's still hungry, angry, ripped off, and minus a bag of beloved peanuts.

I have never in my life seen someone act so crazy in my life. I thought this was the funniest thing I have ever laid eyes on. He was so angry, but when he looked at me leaning against the wall with a face full of tears trying to stand up ...he couldn't do anything, but look at himself and laugh. He had to help me back to my workstation I had laughed so much... I guess I found humor at the right time yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. That is rather funny-I would have been happy for the other goodies.

    I replied to your message in my blog-it is difficult at times and sometimes you don't think you will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been thinking a lot and finally realized that we as Americans don't deal with our problems well, so when adversity comes our way we have difficulty fighting our way through it. But there is hope-it takes time, and sometimes the wound gets lanced and we feel it as though it's happened anew, but we weather the storm moment by moment. And with each lancing the recovery time from feeling the pain lessens more and more, til it's almost non-existent. Take care and keep the lovely stories coming!

    ReplyDelete